DanskHjemmebioForum.dk

Dato og tid er fre mar 29, 2024 7:11

Alle tider er UTC+02:00

Skriv nyt emne  Svar på emne  [ 70 indlæg ]  Gå til side Foregående 1 2 3 4 5
Forfatter besked
Brugeravatar

Geografisk sted: Frederikshavn
Endelig endelig lidt nyt!

According to The Quentin Tarantino Archives a new animated segement is being produced for a new cut of Kill Bill.

“We’ve actually added some things to it. We did a whole little chapter that I wrote and designed for the animated sequence, that we never did, because we figured, back when it was gonna be one big movie, it was going to be too long, so we didn’t do it. So when we were talking about re-releasing it, they asked is there anything you can put in, and I said no I put everything in there, but… there’s one sequence that we wouldn’t even have to shoot! So we got together with Production IG and did it, and it’s really cool. So it’s this little seven minute sequence, it’s really cool, it’s in the O-Ren chapter.” - Quentin Tarantino

Hands off the compression button, music industry!
Hands off the DNR button, Blu-Ray producers!
Films are supposed to have grain!

https://twitter.com/Kristofferabild

Geografisk sted: København
Steiner skrev:
Ja, og splat ser nu engang bedre ud i kulørte farver, hvis I spø'r mig. ;)

Jeg ved ikke om det er nævnt tidligere i tråden, men de scener skal være i s/h da de er en hyldest til 70'er kung fu film, hvor action scener i amerikansk tv var i s/h.

I Japan var scenerne i disse film i farver, og derfor giver det ikke mening, hvis den japanske udgave af filmen skulle have disse s/h scener.

lunddal skrev:
Steiner skrev:

Jeg ved ikke om det er nævnt tidligere i tråden, men de scener skal være i s/h da de er en hyldest til 70'er kung fu film, hvor action scener i amerikansk tv var i s/h.

I Japan var scenerne i disse film i farver, og derfor giver det ikke mening, hvis den japanske udgave af filmen skulle have disse s/h scener.

Det er desværre ikke korrekt lunddal.
Grunden til at House of Leaves scenen er både klippet og i Sort/Hvid i USA er at MPAA ellers ville have tildelt filmen en NC-17 rating istedet for en R-Rating og derfor blev det besluttet at man istedet lavede scenen i Sort/Hvid.
Den Japanske version er som Tarantino selv ønskede den skulle være, men Amerikansk Cencur tillod desværre ikke at den skulle vises sådan i Biograferne i USA.

Geografisk sted: København
Ludvig skrev:
lunddal skrev:
Steiner skrev:

Grunden til at House of Leaves scenen er både klippet og i Sort/Hvid i USA er at MPAA ellers ville have tildelt filmen en NC-17 rating istedet for en R-Rating og derfor blev det besluttet at man istedet lavede scenen i Sort/Hvid.
Den Japanske version er som Tarantino selv ønskede den skulle være, men Amerikansk Cencur tillod desværre ikke at den skulle vises sådan i Biograferne i USA.

Ikke hvis man skal tro dette:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/293/killbillvol1.html

"The switch to black & white during the House of Blue Leaves scene is commonly assumed to be a demand of the MPAA to secure an R rating. In fact, that sequence was actually designed as an homage to '70s kung-fu movies such as 'Heroes Two', which aired on American TV with similar transitions to tone down the violence of their action scenes*. That's exactly the sort of obscure genre reference that Tarantino thrives on. He plays against the toning-down effect by making the scene as ridiculously over-the-top violent as he can, such that even in black & white it could never get past a TV censor. It's the conflict between these two opposing forces that gives the scene its dynamic tension."

lunddal skrev:
Ludvig skrev:
lunddal skrev:
Steiner skrev:

Nu kan jeg ikke lige findet linket, men der stod det som jeg nævnte.

Det bliver det du skriver jo ikke mere korrekt af.
Det er pga af MPAA (Den Amerikanske Cencur) at House of Leaves er i Sort/Hvid og ikke i farver som Tarantino ellers ønskede den skulle være og ikke pga nogen hyldest til gamle film som du skriver.
Jeg kan også sagtens finde et link der modsiger dit link hvis du ønsker det...ellers kan du bare selv læse under trivia på imdb.....
her kopieret fra IMDB:
The black and white photography is ultimately an homage to '70s and '80s US television airings of kung fu movies. Black and white (as well as black and red), were used to conceal the shedding of blood from television censors. Originally, no black and white photographic effects were going to be used (and in the Japanese version none are), but the MPAA demanded measures be taken to tone the scene down. Tarantino merely used the old trick for its intended purpose, rather than merely as an homage.

og nu er indicierne også på min side da det jo ikke kun er det sort/hvide der adskiller den Japanske og Amerikanske udgave.
Den Amerikanske Version er jo også trimmet i forhold til den Japanske udgave som er en del mere blodig og igen er det Cencuren der spiller ind.
Miramax ønskede en R-Rating med det lod sig ikke gøre med den Japanske udgave af filmen og derfor trimmede man filmen lidt og lavede House of Leaves i sort/hvid fremfor i farver så man kunne undgå den frygtede NC-17 Rating og istedet få den ønskede R-Rating.

Brugeravatar

Geografisk sted: Face down in the muck...
Et meget gammelt hængeparti får endnu et kapitel. Tarantino snakker "The Whole Bloody Affair":
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=3239

Mikl skrev:
Et meget gammelt hængeparti får endnu et kapitel. Tarantino snakker "The Whole Bloody Affair":
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=3239

Det lyder bekendt, men vi må da håbe at vi er tættere på en udgivelse. Animesegmentet har vi hørt om før, men hvis det rent faktisk er blevet produceret burde den blodige affære være på trapperne :thumb:

Og ærgerligt mht. Grindhouse, jeg ville gerne se biografversionen. Det kunne være jeg skulle smide en klat mønt efter den japanske boks alligevel.

Brugeravatar

Den kommer rigtig sent. Og vi kommer til at mangle David Carradine i dokumentarerne.

Brugeravatar

Vi bumper lige denne oldgamle tråd! :D

Citat:
‘Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair’ Has Small Changes That Produce Big Results

Ever since Kill Bill Volume 1 was released in 2003, we’d been hearing that writer/director Quentin Tarantino ultimately planned on releasing both halves in one epic package. Kill Bill Volume 2 came out a year later and it seemed like a logical time for the big reveal. Nope. Then, in 2006, Tarantino showed a combined version of the film at the Cannes Film Festival that became known as Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair. We thought that meant general audiences would finally get to see it in some way but alas, that was not the case. Amazon put up a page about it, images of box art leaked online and Tarantino himself said they were working on a new animation sequence but still, there was nothing. Years passed and finally Tarantino’s theater, the New Beverly Cinema in Los Angeles, was permitted to show the film theatrically for the first time in the United States.

The print, which was the exact one that screened at Cannes – complete with French subtitles – played from March 27 (Tarantino’s birthday) through April 7 to mostly sold out audiences. After being out of town for the majority of the run, I was finally able to see the film on its final evening and it was a near perfect movie going experience. Four plus hours of bliss that make Kill Bill better than you ever thought it could be.

After the jump, we’ll discuss the changes and how those changes improve the original theatrical releases.

The film, complete with intermission, runs 215 minutes. Right off the bat, there’s a major change as the Klingon proverb has been replaced by a dedication to filmmaker Kinji Fukasaku. By removing the quote, it immediately makes it obvious that, because this is one huge film instead of two very different ones, Kill Bill isn’t solely about revenge for the sake of revenge anymore.

From there, the movie is identical all the way up until the O-Ren Ishii anime sequence. Because this is the print that showed at Cannes several years back, it does not include the extended anime sequence that Tarantino has hinted at before. It does, however, add a few more violent shots that were probably cut to get an R-rating in the United States, such as the spilling intestines of pedophile yakuza boss Matsumoto.

The House of Blue Leaves battle is now completely visualized in blood-drenched color and the shot of The Bride blinking to turn the color back on has been removed. There are also several different angles and gory shots added into the sequence including a brief, earlier encounter with the young boy The Bride ends up spanking with her sword. With that addition, that second encounter pays off better.

During the final scene, the wicked Sofie Fatale loses her other arm on camera and instead of the film ending on Bill saying “Does she know her daughter is still alive?” it ends on The Bride, over the trunk, saying “They’ll all be as dead as O-Ren” before cutting to a musical interlude for intermission. Removing that final cliffhanger from the movie is the most significant change.

Volume 2 doesn’t have any titles or the direct address introduction, that’s all been cut out. Instead we begin right at the beginning of Chapter 6, Massacre at Two Pines, and from there the film is totally the same as the original theatrical cut. However, now that Bill hasn’t dropped the huge news that The Bride’s daughter is alive at the end of Volume 1, the whole film feels different. All of the dramatic irony is gone. Even though we’ve seen Volume 1 before, just looking at The Whole Bloody Affair on its own and forgetting what we already know, once The Bride gets to Bill and it’s revealed that her daughter, B.B., is still alive, we’re as surprised as she is.

Holding back that emotional reveal until the last possible moment, as is the case in this version, is a vast improvement from the original releases where we knew she’d eventually find out. While all of the murders were always motivated by revenge, they felt a little softer knowing The Bride would eventually be encountering her daughter. Her daughter, after all, is the reason why she stopped killing and left Bill in the first place and it was her death that largely motivated the killing spree. So when we the audience, simultaneously with the Bride, are slammed with B.B. actually being alive, an iron curtain or morality also slams down on us. Would The Bride have tried to kill all of the other assassins if she knew B.B. was alive? Should Bill remain around as the father? These questions and much more give the film gravitas it never had before.

While that reveal changes how the finale of the film feels, everything else is aesthetically the same. However, the extended end credits montage is much cooler now because instead of seeing characters you saw a year ago, you saw them just a few hours ago in the same sitting.

I must say, we’re spoiled here in Los Angeles. After almost a decade of dreaming about seeing Kill Bill as one movie, to actually be able to do it, and for it to be this special print with that awesome Tyler Stout poster made, it was truly memorable. I’d always preferred the action of Volume 1 to the talking of Volume 2 but now, after watching both films together as one, it’s impossible to think of Kill Bill as anything other than one film. One masterful film that rivals Pulp Fiction as Tarantino’s best.

Hopefully, eventually, Tarantino will get this cut, complete with the new animation sequence, released on Blu-ray and everyone will be able to see The Whole Bloody Affair as it was originally intended. If not, it would be a sin because this is the definitive version of Kill Bill and the minor changes make such a huge difference.

Brugeravatar

Geografisk sted: 9530 Dusty Circle
Øv, jeg havde lige håbet på en konkret bluray-dato. Men tak for artiklen Fritte, det var interessant læsning.

Jeg har både de almindelige + de ucensurerede JAP-udgaver på DVD, så jeg har med vilje ikke opgraderet til bluray endnu. Jeg venter til The Whole Bloody Affair. 8)

Vis indlæg fra foregående:  Sorter efter  
Skriv nyt emne  Svar på emne  [ 70 indlæg ]  Gå til side Foregående 1 2 3 4 5

Alle tider er UTC+02:00